Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Right to Work and work and work States

Obviously, here is an opportunity for somebody to put their excess earnings in a private (oops personal) account and accept riskier provisions for her old age .

MS. MORNIN: Okay, I'm a divorced, single [57 year-old] mother with three grown, adult children. I have one child, Robbie, who is mentally challenged, and I have two daughters.

THE PRESIDENT: Fantastic. First of all, you've got the hardest job in
America, being a single mom...

MS. MORNIN: That's good, because I work three jobs and I feel like I contribute.

THE PRESIDENT: You work three jobs?

MS. MORNIN: Three jobs, yes.

THE PRESIDENT: Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that. (Applause.) Get any sleep? (Laughter.)

MS. MORNIN: Not much. Not much.

Yes, the working poor are so quaint. Ms Mornin is a mother of three who has a mentally challenged son.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?